Alt Text

Alt text, the one feature we all love to hate. Or maybe we just hate it. It's an anal-retentive's worst nightmare, to say the least.

It'd be such an aggravation, if I included it.

And yet, on the other hand, the feature is just there, taunting me.

"Use me, you coward!" it cries out.

"But, I don't dare betray my readership!" I protest. "Were I to include alt text, my readers would have a moment of crisis. I've hidden something from them, and now that they understand this, they'll be compelled to go back and find every single alt text. And Gosh help them if I do it inconsistently. Like, if I only put in one Alt Text every so often, and then they check them only to repeatedly find there's nothing there. Then, they stop checking, only for me to finally include one. AS A CONSCIENTIOUS PERSON, I CANNOT CONDONE THIS!"

"Paph, that's an entire paragraph you wrote in quotes. Please get help."

And that's why I'll now list every Alt Text I ever write for this blog here in this post, from now on.

[None yet. Watch this space! ... Or don't.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules:

1. Be civil. No misogyny/racism/general bigotry, no flame-baiting. If you wouldn't say it to my face, don't say it here.

2. This site is hosted in Earth's past (thank you, Mikks), so please don't notify me about the dates being screwy. I already know. Also, Earthlings from the past will likely comment here and be a little confused, so please show 'em a little patience.

3. No anonymous comments. Click the "Name/URL" option, enter a name, and leave the URL blank.